Light Night at The Tetley
14 October – 15 October 2021
Free, No Booking Required
Join us for Light Night!
Discover an immersive sound and light installation, check out our current exhibition, Lauren Gault: Cithra, or simply stop by for a drink and some amazing Italian street food.
In our South Bank Room, Artlink West Yorkshire presents Change – an immersive, sculptural sound and light installation exploring the theme of weather in both urban and natural landscapes.
Change combines moving sculpture with animated projections to chart the progress of an unfolding weather front, immersing us in rain, lightning and a storm, raising issues of our increasingly volatile climate.
Join us for a free family workshop 5.30–8.30pm in our Restaurant to create your own wind spinner using wire and card.
As well as the installation in the South Bank Room, our Bar will be open late for both nights and Luigi Street Food Italiano are joining us, serving up their delicious menu of arancini, panzerotti and more.
We'll also have a special boozy hot chocolate bar on our terrace to warm you up.
- Lauren Gault: Cithra is open 10am–10.30pm
- Artlink West Yorkshire: Change is open 10am–10.30pm
- Join us for a free free family workshop 5.30–8.30pm in our Restaurant
- Luigi Street Food Italiano are serving from 4pm–11pm
- Our Bar is open late until 11pm
- Please note, we will stop serving our daily menu at 4pm.
Change by Artlink West Yorkshire is produced and created by Jim Bond and Rozi Fuller with sound by Ed Martin and Freddie Ricketts, in collaboration with adults with learning disabilities from Naburn Court Day Centre.
Artlink West Yorkshire is an arts and health charity. They believe in the power of the arts and its profound impact on those experiencing challenges in their lives. Working with diverse communities in Leeds, they have a strong focus on positive mental health through high quality arts activities delivered by a team of professional artists across a variety of artistic media.
Light Night Leeds is the UK's largest annual arts and light festival. For the past 17 years, over two incredible nights in October, some of Leeds's most recognisable indoor and outdoor spaces have been transformed by spectacular artworks and captivating performances by local, national and international artists. Light Night invites people to see the city in a new light and discover free arts events across the city centre. From large-scale light projections and interactive installations, to music, dance and street performances, there is always something for everyone!
- Change installed in The Tetley South Bank Room on the ground floor and features video projection, music and sound effects. The accompanying workshop in our Restaurant is also on the ground floor. There are accessible toilets on the ground floor.
- Please note, our lift is currently out of service, meaning there is no lift access to our gallery spaces. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible.
- Please call us on 0113 320 2323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions about access.