Open Call for Artists and Creative Practitioners - Family Artist of the Month
In response to a changing world, we are looking to transform how we work with families over the coming season and will be appointing a 'Family Artist of the Month' to lead our family activity in January, February and March.
We are inviting expressions of interest from artists to develop and deliver a monthly family participation programme (one artist per month January, February & March) that may be delivered online, through a platform that enables participation, or blended (in-person and live-streamed) depending on restrictions.
From these initial expressions of interest, a shortlist of ten artists will be paid £100 to produce a programme proposal.
Three selected artists will each be given a fee of £500, plus a further £500 towards the production of 50 resource packs, to develop and deliver the following during their month-long residency:
- One live online workshop aimed at 1 – 5 year olds (1 hour)
- One live online workshop aimed at 6 – 11 year olds (1 hour)
- A short trailer for each of these workshops (approx 30 seconds)
- One downloadable family activity sheet (one or two sides of A4)
- One 'How to' video to sit alongside the downloadable family activity (approx 5mins)
- Design and put together 50 resource packs (to include downloadable activity sheet) for distribution through our local food bank
In addition, the artist in February will be paid an additional £200 to deliver:
- Three live online family workshops (30mins each) during February Half Term (15-19 February)
All of these workshops and resources can follow a similar theme to be explored in different ways for different age groups. We are interested in promoting wellbeing and to support families to work together through these activities. We want all our workshops for families to be accessible as possible and will distribute resources to families in need. Selected artists will need to adhere to our safeguarding policy and have current DBS. A more detailed brief will be made available to the shortlisted artists.
If artists are able to professionally film their workshop themselves a further fee is available, alternatively, artists can come to The Tetley and work with our film crew.
If we are able to deliver workshops in person in February or March, we will consult with the selected artists and additional fees will be made available to deliver the planned sessions in person.
We are inviting expressions of interest from artists who are interested in leading our family engagement programme in January, February or March 2021.
Please send the following:
- A short video introduction of yourself, your work and your experience of working with families (this doesn't need to be professional – just a quick film on your phone is fine!) (max 2 minutes)
- A brief CV, including your DBS number
- Images/examples of your work and/or workshops you've delivered
Please email these to email@example.com with Family Artist of the Month as the subject line by 9am on Tuesday 8 December.
From this initial expression of interest, 10 artists will be shortlisted to produce a proposal by 9am on Wednesday 16 December and will each be paid £100.
Family workshops to be delivered on Sundays 10am to 11am
January Artist of the Month
- 1 Jan – trailers online
- 10 Jan – first family workshop, activity sheet & how to film online
- 24 Jan – second family workshop
February Artist of the Month
- 22 Jan – trailers, activity sheet & how to film online
- 7 Feb – first family workshop
- February half term activity between 15 - 19 Feb
- 21 Feb – second family workshop
March Artist of the Month
- 19 Feb – trailers, activity sheet & how to film online
- 7 Mar – first family workshop
- 21 Mar – second family workshop